April 26, 2017
April 26, 2017
- Students: Remember to just let it BE – BE Respectful, BE Responsible & BE Safe.
- Parking Passes: remember that you must have the blue permission form filled out by your parents before you may purchase a parking pass. Parking passes are now $37.50 for the remainder of the school year. If are planning on parking on the lot the same day that you buy your pass, you must be in the office by 7:15, so that you may move your car to the proper spot before school starts. If you are parking on the lot and have not purchased a parking pass, your car may be towed. If you have purchased a pass and are parking in the teacher’s lot instead of your assigned space, your car may be towed.
- If you think that you have perfect attendance for the year, please see Ms. Phyllis in the office ASAP. If you have been tardy to school, that excludes you from perfect attendance.
- Congratulations to the following Student Council members who were elected as officers for the 2017-2018 school year: President - Max McCune, Vice President - Ricky Beck, Secretary - Morgan Butler, Treasurer - Isabella Roberts, and PR director - Morgan Phillips.
- Have a favorite senior you want to send off with a kiss? The Student Council is selling “Kiss a Senior Goodbye” candy grams at lunch through Thursday. Delivery will be Friday first hour. Candy grams are 50 cents each.
- SENIORS - If you would like a graduation DVD, please turn in your orders with $25 payment to Mrs. Rogers in the office by the end of the day Friday, 4/28. This is a great keepsake of a once in a lifetime memory.
- Class officer applications for the 2017-2018 school year are available in Room 215.
- Attention Seniors: If you missed the Senior Meeting on Friday morning last week, please stop by the counseling office to pick up your senior packet. It has a lot of important information for you!
- Seniors: Remember that all of your discipline must be served and all your fees paid before you will receive your diploma. You may still walk at graduation but your physical diploma will be held until all of your accounts are clear.
- May 1 is the last day to withdraw from a dual-credit class. If you are not making an acceptable grade and do not want the grade to appear on your college transcripts, you must officially withdraw from the course. See your teacher for the paperwork.
- Students that had an A- average or better for first semester may pick up their Cardinals Ticket Voucher in the counseling office. Your voucher is redeemable for two free tickets to almost any Monday - Thursday home game this season. You can redeem your voucher beginning on March 10th so stop by and pick up your voucher today!
- The Madison Communications 12th Annual Teacher of the Year contest officially begins on March 1st. The two teachers receiving the highest number of online votes will each be awarded a $500 prized to use toward a future student project. Nominations will be accepted at www.gomadison.com. The deadline for submitting a nomination is March 30, 2017. Voting will be permitted online between April 1 and April 30, 2017.
- Are you a senior who is not quite sure if college is the correct "next step" for you? If so, consider attending a career expo on May 24 to learn more about "Careers on the River". This is a free event designed to help adults learn about job opportunities that exist in our local area as well as across the nation. Again, this event (with lunch provided) is free but registration is required. For more information, please visit the "Upcoming Opportunities" tab on the School Counseling Office webpage!
- Summer School forms are now available for Driver's Education and also for English and Math credit recovery. For more information, you may pick up a form in the counseling office or on the CM website. Payment is due at the time of registration.